Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Justos "Mixshow 360" Event Recap - Takeover/Rosa Acosta

Author: J.B.


About a month back, a new sneaker/clothing boutique opened up around my way; the name of the store is called Takeover. It’s owner, Suraj, aka, The Sneaker Ambassador, has the store set up in a way that once you walk in, you already feel the energy of the staff that’s on deck taking care of customers, as well as an ambiance that has been created by the whoever designed the architecture of the boutique. So I step in the spot looking for a shirt that’s fresh and splashy to complement the kicks I was gonna’ be rockin’ that day. I see a shirt, but when I ask for my size, I’m told they sold out but they would be receiving a new shipment soon. Right when I’m walking out, Suraj is like, “Yo, you coming back at 3 o’clock”? I wasn’t ready for the reason he had asked me if I was coming back, but I would soon find out.

Come to find out, Supermodel Celebrity, Rosa Acosta was going to be in the building that day from 3-6 p.m., promoting a calendar of her gracing every page, that would make any man not even pay attention to the months and days on the calendar, but the pictures only. From her humble beginning at the age of four at the Centro de la Cultura in Santiago, Dominican Republic to one of the most sought after models in the entertainment industry, Rosa Acosta was definitely going to be in the building that day. So I return to the store, camcorder in hand, ready to do my photography thing. I must acknowledge Suraj and his entire staff for showing nothing but love up in the spot, allowing me the privilege to move about freely, snapping pics, capturing footage, and being in the building as press for Mixshow 360, a extension of The Justo’s Mixtape Awards. Big shout out to the homie D.Bail, who is in charge of Mixshow 360. I also must acknowledge the new owner of The Justos, DJ Slayer, as well as the CEO, A.R., who have also taken a part in making this whole thing possible.

The anticipation was building and the crowd started getting bigger by the minute. although people were waiting for the gorgeous supermodel, people weren’t twiddling their thumbs just sitting around. Business was thriving that day as exclusive sneakers, shirts, and other accessories were flying off the racks at a pace that kept the staff on their feet.

From Drake’s breakout smash single, 'Best I Ever Had', to another Drake song featuring Eminem, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West, 'Forever', Mario and Gucci Mane’s 'Break Up', 50 Cent’s 'Okay You’re Right', Jamie Foxx 'Blame It on the Alcohol', to Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, and Swizz Beatz 'Transformer', and a countless other number of music videos and commercials. Rosa Acosta has graced the cover of several major publications and continues to be a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry.

Her presence alone demanded the attention of the entire store one she stepped foot in the building. Rosa’s 5’5”, 34-24-38 frame is astonishing to look at on television or in a magazine, but in real-life, there aren’t any words that can describe the natural beauty that Ms. Acosta was blessed with when she was brought into this world. It wasn’t only her physical features that were stunning; I personally had a chance to briefly chop it up with the Dominican beauty while taking a few pics, and let me tell you, she is one of the most humble super-model/ celebrities that I’ve ever met (That’s just my opinion). For the record, I’ve worked on the set of several major music videos, and most of the models, let alone the main video girls, and damn near unapproachable. I had to thank her for her humbleness and of course, I complemented her on her obviously gorgeous looks. People were lined up out the door patient, but anxiously awaiting to take a picture with Rosa Acosta, and the looks on their faces said that the wait was worth every second. She presented herself very ladylike, and came off as a sweetheart by nature, as she was signing a countless number of autographs of her calendar.

At the end, I just want to say thank you to the entire staff of the Takeover
and stay tuned into “Kickin It” every Saturday from 12-2 p.m, with Suraj and Co-Host Hayson. Live music provided by DJ Chaotic who is spinning live on the 1’s and 2’s. When Suraj and his team came up with the name Takeover, they must’ve had a vision and scope far beyond what anyone imagined, because to sum it up in two words, the boutique is literally “Taking Over” other stores in the area, by drawing in consumers and creating customer loyalty through excellent customer service, exclusive sneakers, shirts, and accessories, and of course, surprise celebrity guest appearances.

CHECK OUT EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE BEHIND THE SCENES HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment